With so many rapid developments, visualizing analytics becomes critical to understanding what is happening across the industry. We want to enable the industry to quickly respond and better solve problems through access to data and actionable insights.
Start by exploring our data visualizations, which showcase what we can see by fusing Cirium data sets such as flight status and flight schedules data.
NEVER MISS A NEW ON-TIME PERFORMANCE REPORT. SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE EMAIL NOTICES AFTER A NEW MONTHLY OR ANNUAL ON-TIME PERFORMANCE REPORT IS PUBLISHED.
Help to improve Cirium data. Learn more.
Ascend by Cirium Q2 2022 Values Briefing
WEBINAR | NOW ON-DEMAND (Live date: June 9, 2022)
Our team of experts will share an update on asset values and lease rates. They will draw on the latest data and forecasts to examine the impact
of recent events on the commercial aviation market, assess the progress of the recovery, and explore the market outlook.
The 2021 Airline Insights Report
Cirium’s collection of expert analyses covering a wide range of topics surrounding airlines at the core and the aviation industry that encircles them.
The report covers:
- Top routes flown and airports in 2021
- The current state of the global passenger traffic, capacity and fleet
- Sustainability initiatives in the airline industry
- Airline startups and new routes flown in 2021
- Average airfares in key markets
- Spotlights on APAC and Latin America
The On-Time Performance Review 2021
Cirium’s on-time performance reporting for airlines and airports is the longest-standing of such analysis in the industry, going back 13 years.
COVID-19 update: This update is an ongoing analysis of trends resulting from the impact of the pandemic, covering many topics to provide industry insights at this critical time.
Cirium Idea: The impact of Covid-19 on China
Our analyses span aviation sectors and across regions. See below in-depth insights on the impact of Covid-19.
- The Cirium Airline Insights Review 2020 — Including the On-Time Performance Review 2020 This review is a detailed analysis of aviation and air travel data supported by a very wide data lake – The Cirium Core. It is a retrospective on the past year and we analyze trends across aviation, see at the impact of COVID-19 on the industry, including a scheduling system thrown into chaos and the outlook of 2021.
- Post: 21 years of airline passenger traffic growth wiped out In 2020: Cirium report reveals
- Post: 2021: 7 key trends for air transport to recover, return stronger and accelerate digital transformation
Webinars and videos:
- On-demand webinar: Navigating turbulence
An in-depth review of the state of the aviation market including an overview of the impact on aviation asset values and lease rates. (March 2021). View Now.
- On-demand webinar: Transform Aviation with Data, for a New World. (26th August, 2020)
– Nick Ward, head of OEM Digital Solutions, Rolls-Royce Digital
– Fabrice Valentin, head of global market forecast, Airbus
– Bruce Dankberg, director portfolio management, Altavair
– Andrew Doyle, market development director, Cirium
- Video: Disruption Dashboard – How to view aviation changes, cancellations and disruption activity.
- Post: Ascend by Cirium Weekly Team Perspective: The Implications of Airline Reorganizations for Operating Lessors
- Post: Understanding the impact of Covid-19 on supply and demand, asset values and lease rates.
- Post: How corporate travel managers can approach the unused ticket problem.
Flight disruption globally:
- Post: Utilizing fleets, utilization and schedules data to monitor China’s flight to recovery.
Post: China domestic air travel capacity returns in “beacon of hope” for global recovery.
- Report: Asia aviation slowly starting to rebuild.
- Update: At least seven years of passenger growth initially lost by Covid-19 –
Ascend by Cirium reports on the impact on airlines and aircraft manufacturers following IATA’s prediction for a 48% fall in traffic this year.
- Post: Covid-19 impact on US, Europe travel.
- Video: Cirium expert Henk Ombelet talks about the impact of the coronavirus on airline operations.
- February 21 press release: Cirium analysis of Covid-19 reveals over 200,000 flights canceled.
- Jan 31 press release: 10,000 Chinese flights cancelled due to coronavirus.
- Post: 10 fast facts – How Covid-19 impacts global airline operations.
- News release: Domestic markets for Asia-Pacific airlines on track for recovery through July, according to Cirium.
- Video: Cirium expert, Joanna Lu, talks about governmental support to the aviation sector in view of Covid-19.
- Post: Covid-19 crisis could lead lessors to 50% fleet penetration
- Post: Tracking airframe utilization trends during Covid-19.
- Updated daily – post: Covid-19: Navigating the flight plan to recovery.
- Post: Understanding Cirium’s methodology for stored aircraft during Covid-19.
- Updates: Coronavirus: Monitoring passenger jet activity through the hibernation phase.
- Update: Cirium is monitoring in-storage figures on a daily basis. As of 14 April 2020, only 38% of the global fleet is currently in service.
Elsevier information center – While Cirium is working to provide insights into the impact on the aviation market, our fellow RELX analytics company Elsevier has collected relevant articles on the coronavirus.
For media enquires about Covid-19, please contact us.